NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City Council of the City of Inglewood, California, will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at the hour of 2:00 p.m., to consider the following matters associated with the Inglewood Basketball and Entertainment Center (IBEC) that includes an arena intended to promote the enjoyment and recreation of the public by providing access to the City’s residents in the form of spectator sports, specifically basketball, with up to 18,000 fixed seats to host National Basketball Association (NBA) games, and with up to 500 additional temporary seats for other events such as family shows, concerts, corporate and community events, and other sporting events; an up to 85,000-square foot team practice and athletic training facility; up to 71,000 square feet of LA Clippers office space; an up to 25,000-square foot sports medicine clinic; up to 63,000 square feet of ancillary and related arena uses including retail and dining; an outdoor plaza adjacent to the arena; parking facilities; relocation of a City of Inglewood groundwater well; and various circulation, infrastructure, and other ancillary uses (the Project). The Project will also include a limited service hotel. The actions to be considered by the City Council with respect to the Project include:
- Certification of the
Project Environmental Impact Report No. EA-EIR-2020-045, State Clearinghouse
and adoption of a Mitigation Monitoring Reporting Program, and California
Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Findings and Statement of Overriding
- Recommended for Certification and Adoption by the Planning Commission (PC) on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1868).
- General Plan Amendment
to modify the Land Use Element, Circulation Element, and Safety Element of the
Inglewood General Plan with conforming map and text changes to reflect
the plan for the Project, including:
- Redesignation of certain properties in the Land Use Element from Commercial to Industrial;
- Addition of specific reference to sports and entertainment facilities and related and ancillary uses on properties in the Industrial land use designation text;
- Updating Circulation Element maps and text to reflect vacation of portions of West 101st Street and West 102nd Street and to show the location of the Project; and
- Updating Safety Element map to reflect the relocation of the municipal water well and related infrastructure.
- Recommended for Approval by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1869).
- Specific Plan Amendment
to amend the Inglewood International Business Park Specific Plan to exclude
properties within the Project Site from the Specific Plan Area.
- Recommended for Approval by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1870).
- Zone Change No.
to apply the Sports and Entertainment (SE) Overlay Zone on the entire Project
Site, and Rezone certain parcels in the Project Site to conform with the
existing General Plan Land Use Designation.
- Recommended for Approval by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1871).
- Zoning Code Amendment
to Chapter 12 of the Inglewood Municipal Code to establish regulations for the
Sports and Entertainment Overlay Zone, including text amendments to create an
overlay zone establishing development standards including standards for height,
setbacks, street frontage, and lot size, permitted uses, signage, parking and
loading, public art, design review process under the Project SEC Development
Guidelines (discussed under #7, below), addressing parcel map procedures, and
other land use controls.
- Recommended for Approval by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1871).
- Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Inglewood Municipal Code Chapters 2 (Administration), 3 (Motor Vehicles and Traffic), 5 (Offenses, Miscellaneous), 10 (Public Works), and 11 (Building Regulations) to permit development and operation of the Project, including provisions regarding public art, truck routes, noise regulations, traffic demand management, and disposition of municipal real property.
- Sports and
Entertainment Complex Design Guidelines and Infrastructure Plan (SEC
Development Guidelines), including:
- Implementation and Administration,
- Design Guidelines, and
- Infrastructure Plan.
The SEC Development Guidelines will address certain design elements, including building orientation, massing, design and materials, plaza treatments, landscaping and lighting design, parking and loading design, pedestrian circulation, signage and graphics, walls, fences and screening, sustainability features, and similar elements.
- Recommended for Approval by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1872).
- Development Agreement between
Murphy’s Bowl LLC and the City for the development of a Sports and
Entertainment Complex, addressing community benefits and vesting entitlements
for the Project.
- Recommended for Approval by the Planning Commission on June 17, 2020 (PC Resolution No. 1873).
You are receiving this notice because you own property in or within 500 feet of the Project Site, you requested notice, or you are a Local Agency required to receive notice under Government Code 65091. A copy of this notice will also be published in a newspaper of general circulation, and posted at City Hall. Below is a map of the Project Site.
The Project Site includes properties with the following Assessor Identification Numbers:
|3915 W 102nd St||4032001048||10108 S Prairie Ave||4032001908|
|3843 W 102nd St||4032002915||No Address||4032001900|
|3901 W 102nd St||4032001902||10116 S Prairie Ave||4032001904|
|3851 W 102nd St||4032002916||10112 S Prairie Ave||4032001907|
|3821 W 102nd St||4032002917||10104 S Prairie Ave||4032001910|
|3822 W Century Blvd||4032002913||No Address||4032001006|
|3921 W 102nd St||4032001911||No Address||4032001901|
|3930 W Century Blvd||4032001913||10022 S Prairie Ave||4032001005|
|3831 W 102nd St||4032002914||10020 S Prairie Ave||4032001906|
|3665 W 102nd St||4032003912||10004 S Prairie Ave||4032001039|
|3700 W Century Blvd||4032003914||10200 S Prairie Ave||4032008001|
|No Address||4032004914||3940 W 102nd St||4032008907|
|3922 W Century Blvd||4032001912||4018 W 101st Street||4034005905|
|3703 W 102nd St||4032003915||4015 W 101st Street||4034004904|
|NO ADDRESS||4032004913||3947 W 102nd St||4032001905|
|3832 W 102nd St||4032007903||3940 W Century Blvd||4032001049|
|3850 W 102nd St||4032007905||4020 W Century Blvd||4034004912|
|3836 W 102nd St||4032007901||No Address||4032001033|
|No Address||4032008034||10117 S Prairie Ave||4034005900|
|3812 W 102nd St||4032007904||4039 W 101st Street||4034004903|
|3818 W 102nd St||4032007900||4026 W Century Blvd||4034004913|
|3844 W 102nd St||4032007902||4036 W Century Blvd||4034004910|
|3838 W 102nd St||4032007035||4044 W 101st Street||4034005910|
|3926 W 102nd St||4032008901||4019 W 101st Street||4034004902|
|3936 W 102nd St||4032008908||4032 W Century Blvd||4034004909|
|3910 W 102nd St||4032008900||4031 W 102nd Street||4034005904|
|3900 W 102nd St||4032008902||4025 W 102nd Street||4034005907|
|3930 W 102nd St||4032008904||4022 W 101st Street||4034005912|
|3920 W 102nd St||4032008905||4030 W 101st Street||4034005901|
|3941 W 102nd St||4032001909||4037 W 102nd Street||4034005903|
|3939 W 102nd St||4032001903||4036 W 101st Street||4034005909|
|4040 W Century Blvd||4034004905||4026 W 101st Street||4034005911|
|4043 W 101st Street||4034004906||4023 W 102nd Street||4034005906|
|4037 W 101st Street||4034004901||4043 W 102nd Street||4034005902|
|4042 W Century Blvd||4034004908||4019 W 102nd Street||4034005908|
|4033 W 101st Street||4034004911||10220 S Prairie Ave||4032008903|
|4045 W 101st Street||4034004900||10212 S Prairie Ave||4032008035|
|4046 W Century Blvd||4034004907|
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN REGARDING PUBLIC PARTICIPATION that due to the existing COVID-19 health emergency and the social distancing measures currently in effect, and pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20 (https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/3.17.20-N-29-20-EO.pdf), please note that members of the public will be allowed to observe and/or address the City Council Meeting of July 21, 2020 at 2:00 P.M. as follows:
- Written Public Comments: Members of the public may choose to submit comments electronically for consideration by the Inglewood City Council/Successor Agency/Housing Authority/Finance Authority/Parking Authority/Joint Powers Authority (Legislative Body) by sending them to the City Clerk/Secretary at email@example.com, and Deputy City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure distribution to the members of the Legislative Body prior to consideration of the agenda, please submit comments prior to 8:00 A.M. the day of the meeting, and in the body of the email, please identify the agenda number or subject matter. Correspondence should indicate the meeting date and agenda item. Comments received after 8:00 A.M. and prior to the close of the public hearings, will be made part of the official public record of the meeting. Contact the Office of the City Clerk at 310-412-5280 with any questions.
- In Person: While adhering to and enforcing social distancing standards, members of the public can come to the Community Room located on the First Floor of Inglewood City Hall at 1 West Manchester Blvd., Inglewood, CA 90301, to listen, observe and make public comments.
- By Telephone-Listening to the Meeting and Making Oral Public Comments: Members of the public can participate in the meeting by telephone to listen and make comments. The meeting’s telephone number and access code will be provided no later than 72 hours before the meeting on the meeting agenda published at the following link:
Please observe the following tips when phoning in:
- When you call-in, the operator will provide further instructions on how you can make public comments via phone.
- If you are calling from a cell phone, please call from an area with good reception.
- If you are watching the meeting on Facebook or Channel 35 while also accessing the phone line, it is requested that you mute the sound of your video feed as it is delayed from the phone transmission. Additionally, when you are making public comments on the phone line you will be inaudible due to feedback.
- Viewing and Listening to the Meeting without Making Public Comments:
- On Spectrum Cable Local Channel 35 with audio and limited video. Please check with your cable provider for details.
- Live on-line through Facebook Live, with audio and limited video, at https://www.facebook.com/cityofinglewood/
- The above access options provide the public with the opportunity to both observe and listen to the meeting.
- However, members of the public who wish to orally address the City Council must use the public access options noted above.
ACCESSIBILITY: If requested, the agenda and backup materials will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with a disability, as required by Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. Sec. 12132), and the federal rules and regulations adopted in implementation thereof. Any person who requires a disability-related modification or accommodation, in order to observe and/or offer public comment may request such reasonable modification, accommodation, aid, or service by contacting the Office of the City Clerk by telephone at 310-412-5280 or via email to email@example.com no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled meeting.
A Final Environmental Impact Report has been prepared under the California Environmental Quality Act, a copy of which is available for public review online at the following link:
And at the following physical location:
Inglewood City Hall
Information Desk, First Floor Lobby
One West Manchester Boulevard, 1st Floor
Inglewood, CA 90301
Pursuant to Government Code Section 65009, if you challenge the proposed environmental documents, General Plan Amendment, Specific Plan Amendment, Zone Change, Zoning Code Amendment, other Inglewood Municipal Code Amendments, SEC Development Guidelines, or Development Agreement in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the City Council at, or prior to, the public hearing.
This notice is given by the order of the City Council of the City of Inglewood and is dated this 7th day of July 2020.
Yvonne Horton, City Clerk
City of Inglewood, California
In the event that the City Council meeting of July 21, 2020 is not held, or is concluded prior to this public hearing agenda item being considered, the public hearing will automatically be continued to the next regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
Si no entiende esta noticia o si necesita mas informacion, favor de llamar a este numero (310) 412-5280.
DATE OF POSTING: JULY 10, 2020